Survival Skills: Keep Your Research Safe with Backups
This event is now online!
Survival Skills: Keep Your Research Safe with Backups will help you learn the basics of backing up your valuable research data and other information. In it, we will cover the Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of keeping your data safe and secure.
By the end of Keep Your Research Safe with Backups, you should be able to:
- understand what files should be backed up
- understand the 3–2–1 backup rule
- be able to decide the right backup frequency for your data
- be able to choose the right backup medium for your data
Survival Skills is a beginner-level workshop collection for researchers that cover basic data and computing skills needed in all research fields. No prior experience needed (i.e., no prerequisites.)
Questions, comments, or concerns? Please contact Mark Laufersweiler, Head of DAVIS: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Bizzell Memorial Library