Python (Software Carpentry Lesson)
Python is a popular programing language for scientific computing, and great for general-purpose programming as well. This is a 2 part (two consecutive Fridays) beginner-level workshop for researchers presented by OU Libraries. Our workshops cover better practices for research, data, coding, and communication. No prior experience is needed (i.e. no prerequisites).
- Data Types and Type Conversion
- Built-in Functions and Help
- Reading Tabular Data ( spreadsheets and Pandas)
- Plotting and Visualization
- For Loops
- Conditionals (true/false)
Required software installs:
Questions? Contact Mark Laufersweiler@ou.edu.
- Dates & Times:
- 9:00am - 12:00pm, Friday, April 7, 2023
9:00am - 12:00pm, Friday, April 14, 2023
- LL 123 Classroom
- Bizzell Memorial Library