Survival Skills: Keep Your Research Safe with Backups
Survival Skills: Keep Your Digital World Safe with Backups will help you learn how to keep your valuable digital items safe, including, files, photos, research data, manuscripts, and other information, with a comprehensive backup plan. In it, we will cover the Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of keeping your content safe and secure from accidents, mistakes, and disasters.
By the end of Keep Your Research Safe with Backups, learners should be able to:
- understand what files should be backed up
- understand the 3-2-1 backup rule
- be able to decide the right backup frequency for your content
- be able to choose the right backup medium for your content
This workshop is for complete beginners and does not require bringing a computer; we will go over concepts through a presentation and group discussions.
Questions? Contact Mark Laufersweiler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is required.
- Thursday, February 16, 2023
- 11:30am - 12:30pm
- LL 123 Classroom
- Bizzell Memorial Library
- Research Workshops—OU Libraries
Registration has closed.